Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Samoa Cookhouse Update, CA

Thanks to Sarah's Mom and her lifetime of scrapbooking and her keen ability to keep everything in its proper place, she was easily able to conjure up this throwback photo from the Postma past. I (Aaron) especially like this photo because I've never known Sarah's Dad without white hair and in his flannel he looks ready to go chop down some trees after his breakfast. Something I have known is the face Sarah is sporting. Don't worry friends, she's not angry; she just hasn't had her coffee yet. Chances are she won't for five years after this picture, but now she's refined her morning routine and only feels awful for about 30 minutes. And for those of you who are wondering, Anno has also refined her cheese face into an lovely smile. But since she was there, I'll let Sarah comment on the picture too...

First it should be noted that I am a very good sport to allow this picture to be posted on the internet for all to see.  Secondly, I believe I was just at the age when you realize that it's not cool to have your mom take your picture in public places.  Thankfully I'm over that now and have fully embraced taking pictures of myself anywhere, anytime.  Third, that aforementioned flannel got a lot of use by yours truly in high school during that era where girls wore jean shorts, Birkenstocks, a white tee-shirt and topped it off with their Dad's flannel.  Thanks for sharing your wardrobe, Dad!  And Mom, thanks for taking pictures of me even though it was SO NOT COOL!  I'm glad we have them today.

3 comments: